GlobalResolve - Full Bellies Build Communities In Mexico
Who is AMOR ?
Amor Ministries has provided opportunities for volunteers to work alongside the impoverished by building homes for shelter and safety for over 29 years in Puerto Penasco, Mexico (Rocky Point). In doing so, families are kept together and communities are built. In fact, in 2015, the city of Puerto Penasco donated a 7 acre parcel to Amor for permanent development to continue helping build the community. In recent years, a shower/oasis facility, caretaker housing and an off grid power system has been designed, resourced and built with the help of ASU. Kindly visit www.amor.org for more information on Amor.
La Cocina is the next of several facilities planned for the site!
Who will this facility help?
This facility will directly help 4 groups of individuals:
- Puerto Penasco Community Events will be hosted and be the source of collaborative, technical and spiritual interaction. In addition the La Cocina will provide culinary training for the growing service industry in Puerto Penasco.
- Volunteers building houses will find respite after long days building a home. La Cocina will provide authentic Mexican food and energy for the workers to build the best homes possible.
- Site staff members from Puerto Penasco will be provided employment for the meal preparation and local merchants will provide the necessary food, ice, water and other operation facilities.
- ASU students will gain valuable, practical real-life experience with the La Cocina project. (The facility is just 1 hour south of Lukeville, AZ)
Full Bellies What?
Amor Puerto Penasco employees provide food for volunteers that build houses alongside the impoverished. Currently, a facility with a 2 burner camp stoves is utilized to feed groups of up to 400. This results in multiple dinner shifts and late nights for the cooking crew and volunteers. We know that properly fed, well-rested volunteers build excellent homes for the community. In addition, the food and fellowship shared around the table provides an opportunity for the volunteers to learn about the community and culture.
Full Bellies Build Communities!
How can you help?
GlobalResolve, housed in the Barrett Honors College at ASU is currently providing assistance of TIME and TALENT from the Design for the Developing World class (HON394). We also need support from those outside this ASU to complete this project.
Can YOU help with donations of TREASURE, TIME and TALENT and TRIBE ?
- TREASURE: The PitchFunder campaign provides the platform to crowdfund our project. Cash donations are greatly appreciated! Amor is a non-profit and all proceeds from the campaign will be directed to the facility construction and outfitting. We also are accepting new/Gently Used or Obsolete appliances.
- TIME AND TALENT: You can also help in other ways. We are also looking for design and construction expertise with the project.
- TRIBE: ASU realizes that not all those interested in the project have resources available. However, if you know someone in your TRIBE who may, please share! It is through this sharing that we've been able to source our past projects.
If you have time, talent or non-cash donations, Please contact Professor James at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael.Dana.James@asu.edu.
Why $ 16,448 ?
- The goal of this PitchFunder campaign is to reach TIER 1 ( Major Appliances = $ 16,448 ).
- If we are fortunate, physical donations and/or additional funds could get us into TIER 2 (Appliances and Facility)( Total = $16,448 + $16,275 = $ 32,273 ).
- TIER 3 provides additional items (utensils/bowls etc) to "Go Live" and would be a buffet of gratitude, humility and amazing resources! ( Entire facility = $15,712 + $15,500 + $1,575 = $ 34,298 )
- The items needed for the TIERS are below.
We appreciate your donations and are grateful for all your efforts!
The ASU La Cocina Resource Team: Alex Novelo, Kelly Rice, Jaziel Cruz and Mike James
Equipment and Resources Needs for the Campaign: