Give in Solidarity
The Greater Colorado Chapter is dedicated to supporting local students who aspire to attend Thunderbird School of Global Management. Our chapter has set a goal of raising at least $25,000 to create an endowment in support of student scholarships for students from Colorado. Establishing an endowment will allow this scholarship to live on in perpetuity.
Together we will demonstrate the collective support of our alumni community and provide funding for students for years to come. Join us in showing the strength and generosity of our T-bird Greater Colorado Chapter Family!
Give for a better tomorrow.
Scholarship offerings allow Thunderbird to attract the brightest and most deserving students. Each scholarship award is a powerful message to new T-birds that alumni are dedicated to the future of the School and dedicated to their future.
Unlocking the Thunderbird experience for the brightest minds is a powerful investment in our collective future. By giving to the Greater Colorado Chapter scholarship endowment fund today, you help to develop T-birds who become the next generation of digital and global leaders.
Give today and help us welcome and inspire a new generation of students to be part of our T-bird tradition.
One school. One community.
For more information on the resources available for giving, please contact Joe Rivera, Associate Director of Engagement, Annual Giving, at (602) 496-5385 or at Joe.Rivera@thunderbird.asuep.org
To donate by check, please send the check to:
ASU Foundation (Thunderbird)
Attn: Financial Services
PO Box 2260
Tempe, AZ 85280-2260
Please make the check payable to “ASU Foundation (Thunderbird)”; Memo: "Greater Colorado Chapter Scholarship"
All funds will be deposited with the ASU Foundation for A New American University, a nonprofit organization that exists to support Arizona State University (ASU). Gifts in support of ASU are subject to foundation policies and fees. Due to the fair market value of benefits received, only payments in excess of fair market value may be considered a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of charitable contributions
All funds will be deposited with the ASU Foundation, and in the event, the funds raised reach $25,000, the gifts will be permanently endowed.
Endowment Frequently Asked Questions
What is an endowment?
- An endowment is a permanent gift that is invested for the long term to provide sustainable financial support for Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University. The gifted funds yield investment returns based on global market conditions and provide an annual payout, which is determined by the investment committee, to support the donor’s designated use.
How your endowment works
- An endowment is a gift of assets that is strategically converted by the ASU Foundation Endowment Fund into long-term investments to provide sustainable, long-term financial support.
- Each year a portion of the market value from your endowment is transferred into a spending account, making it available to the university beneficiary you designate.
- Only the earned returns on your endowment are spent; the principal remains intact, yielding benefits to the university in perpetuity.
- Endowment donors receive personalized reports on their investments each year, describing the financial performance of their gift, how their endowment enhances the foundation’s investments and how their gift continues to make a difference at Thunderbird.
Is there a minimum gift size required to create an endowment?
- A general endowment can be established with a minimum gift of $25,000.
Once established, may I continue to contribute to my endowment?
- Absolutely. You or others may continue to support your endowment through additional contributions.